Sr. Systems Engineer at Apogee Engineering, LLC
September 2015 - Present · Denver, CO
April 2015 - September 2015 with Comso, Inc.
Contracted to US Geological Survey
- Responsible for Puppet infrastructure and systems management with Puppet Enterprise and related software.
- Designed and trained colleagues on configuration management implementation, development practices and workflows, Puppet concepts and development
- Successfully transitioned systems configuration and management to Puppet, reducing time to deploy, reduction in systems issues impacting availability, ensuring standards compliance, bare-metal provisioning of new systems built with configuration management code
- Implemented new core services, including an advanced systems monitoring framework and centralized logging.
Sr. Professional Services Engineer at Puppet Labs, Inc.
September 2013 - April 2015 · Denver, CO
- Provided consulting services for Puppet Labs products to a wide range of customers - from our largest to our smallest.
- Consisted of consulting on Puppet and Puppet Enterprise, development workflows, general automation and configuration management, and "DevOps" practices and methodologies.
- Instructed Puppet Labs course offerings in various public and private environments.
- Contributed to various Puppet Labs projects and products, including Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Labs courseware.
- As a remote employee with up to 75% travel, I have a track record of excelling with little to no guidance.
Linux/Unix Systems Administrator at Douglas School District
January 2010 - September 2013 · Denver, CO
- Solely responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of all Linux/Unix services supporting a district of 3000+ personnel, using Linux, FreeBSD, and OS X. Including web services (Apache, Nginx, WordPress), e-mail services (Postfix, Zimbra, SpamAssassin), directory services (OpenLDAP, OpenDirectory), DNS (Bind), file services (ZFS, Samba, NFS), and monitoring (Nagios, Icinga, Monin, SNMP).
Web Developer at Douglas School District
September 2011 - September 2013 · Box Elder, SD
- Designed, implemented, and maintained the district's website, using WordPress, PHP, CSS3, and HTML5 with special emphasis on performance tuning and security.
Tier II Technical Support at Apple, Inc.
October 2008 - January 2010 · Colorado Springs, CO
- Senior level technical support for Apple's computers and software products. Handled escalations from junior level support for more complicated technical issues, safety issues, and delicate customer concerns.
Signal Support Systems Specialist at Signal Support Systems Specialist
August 2006 - October 2008 · Fort Carson, CO
2nd Special Troops Batallion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division
- Supported all communications for a battalion, including in garrison communications and tactical communications. Was fast-track promoted and earned the Army Acheivement Medal for performance and work ethic. Honorably discharged.